Definición de bifacial en inglés:
1Having two faces, in particular:
- Lest any reader miss the point, a depiction of the bifacial god appears throughout the book.
- Over the years, some of the most successful rituals at Rites of Spring have centered around such images: a wicker figure, the Maypole, a bifacial Goddess puppet, a gigantic multi-colored web, an earthen Great Mother protruding from the ground.
1.1 Botany (Of a leaf) having upper and lower surfaces that are structurally different.
- It possessed secondary xylem and secondary phloem, which were produced by a bifacial vascular cambium with ray and fusiform initials.
- A bifacial vascular cambium forming manoxylic secondary wood is also present.
- The primary vascular system consists of a eustele and a bifacial vascular cambium.
1.2 Archaeology (Of a flint or other artefact) worked on both faces.
- Excluded from the small tool category are hafted bifaces, hoes/adzes, large, ovate disk scrapers, chert hammerstones, larger chisels, wedges, and large bifacial knives/scrapers.
- Hence, when Smoky Hill jasper is present in substantial amounts in a collection, the bifacial knives are made primarily from it.
- This small-tool tradition excludes the better-known large bifacial tools of this period and all core tools.
Definición de bifacial en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan