- That is what he did—big-noting—and he got caught up in it.
- He was big-noting for the cameras—as usual.
- If you're getting that claustrophobic, painted-into-a-corner feeling, make more room to move by deleting non-essential activities—watching TV, getting cross, big-noting.
- I'm getting rather sick of hearing you both big-noting yourselves.
- He wants to take the credit for them so he can big-note himself.
- I miss the good old times of just talking crap, when you'd big-note yourself and I'd scoff quietly to myself.
1940s: a reference to large-denomination banknotes which, in pre-decimal currency, were also larger in size than the smaller denominations.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: big-note
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.