sustantivo (plural bilbos or bilboes)
- A sword used in former times, noted for the temper and elasticity of its blade.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What I at first thought was a Spanish rapier of some sort, I now believe to be a Bilboa/Bilbao/Bilbo sword.
- A bilbo is a finely tempered rapier design first made in Bilboa (Spain) during the middle ages and the renaissance.
- The steel beladah was much like a sabre, but with a guard for the knuckles, while the bilbo was bore a close resemblance to a rapier.
mid 16th century: from Bilboa, an earlier English form of the name Bilbao, noted for the manufacture of fine blades.
Más definiciones de bilboDefinición de bilbo en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.