- 1Speaking two languages fluently: a bilingual secretaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many Brahui-speakers are bilingual, speaking Baluchi or other local languages.
- Many Angolans are bilingual, speaking Portuguese and one or several African languages.
- Fluently bilingual, Matte speaks in perfect English, while the rest of the band members are split between favouring French or English.
- 1.1(Of a text or an activity) written or conducted in two languages: bilingual dictionaries bilingual educationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A fascinating artistic account came from Leow Puay Tin who writes modular, bilingual texts on cards, to be shuffled and used in varying ways.
- This worry is also shared by other schools, so the number of the city's primary and secondary schools that are bold enough to completely conduct bilingual education in main courses are few.
- This book is bilingual, written in both French and English.
- 1.2(Of a country, city, or other community) using two languages, especially officially.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And so the Guarani language - which is now one of the two official languages in a bilingual country - that is thanks to the Jesuits who preserved it.
- Is it our official status as a bilingual country?
- The Irish Republic is officially bilingual, as are the road-signs: this allows you to become lost simultaneously in Gaelic and English.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person fluent in two languages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As highly fluent bilinguals, the owners and employees can easily choose the language they will use with children on such visits.
- Of course, many Cantonese-speakers learn Mandarin as a second language, so bilinguals are not rare, but it is quite unlikely that a Cantonese person who also knows Mandarin would speak Mandarin with her nieces.
- The issue of storage, with respect to bilinguals who have two languages to cognitively contend with, has been a strongly debated topic among researchers.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So that California a few years back passed Proposition 227, which at a stroke eliminated bilingualism from the public school system.
- Huston's gift for language makes her writing compelling, and she is in as good a position as any to explore the effects of bilingualism on writing style and self-concept.
- With bilingualism an essential requirement of the communications job, the unilingual Reid is seen as a transitional move until another candidate is found.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The form began to be seen as a largely choral work, and Haydn was inspired by the 1791 festival to compose Die Schöpfung / The Creation, the first oratorio conceived bilingually.
- I was brought up bilingually in the Eastern Townships and don't know anything else.
- With an era of global governance centered in Washington on the horizon, European bloggers who want to be heard above the noise will need to express themselves in English or, at least, bilingually.
mid 19th century: from Latin bilinguis, from bi- 'having two' + lingua 'tongue' + -al.
Más definiciones de bilingualDefinición de bilingual en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.