sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A green pigment excreted in bile. It is an oxidized derivative of bilirubin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While the carbon monoxide either is carried in the blood in the form of carboxyhemoglobin or is excreted by the lungs, the biliverdin is converted to bilirubin by biliverdin reductase.
- This finding implied that the mutants are defective in heme-oxygenase, an enzyme that converts heme into biliverdin.
- This hypothesis is based on the antioxidant qualities of the blue-green eggshell pigment biliverdin and on the differential allocation version of sexual selection proposed by Burley as applied to female signals.
mid 19th century: from Latin bilis 'bile' + French vert 'green' + -in1.
Más definiciones de biliverdinDefinición de biliverdin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.