Definición de bilk en inglés:
1Obtain or withhold money from (someone) unfairly or by deceit; cheat or defraud: government waste has bilked the taxpayer of billions of dollars
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His father, Robert Todino Sr., worries that malicious users have preyed on Robby's ‘psychological problems’ and bilked him out of money.
- Eagerly searching for work, Charlie unfortunately becomes the victim of a scam; he's bilked out of all his money, and his jobless situation has not changed.
- Shaking his head, Deuce ushered the boy and the woman into the closest inn he could find and trust-one he'd stayed in before and knew wouldn't bilk him of his money or send stable boys in the middle of the night to rifle through his purse.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- You're the best bilker I've ever had to deal with - and I want that floating gin palace of yours out of here - today.
- Forget, too, the way you are forced to pay when you order rather than at the end of a meal even if it does suggest that you're a suspected bilker.
- And even if checkbook bilkers are later caught, convictions are hard to get because many suspects cannot be identified to the satisfaction of courts.
Mid 17th century (originally used in cribbage meaning 'spoil one's opponent's score'): perhaps a variant of balk.
Palabras que riman con bilkilk, milk, silk
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda