Definición de bioaccumulate en inglés:
(Of a substance) become concentrated inside the bodies of living things: mercury has bioaccumulated in the fish
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although persistence may or may not pose a problem, if a substance also bioaccumulates then there is special reason to be concerned about possible risks.
- Chemicals bioaccumulate as plants are consumed by animals, which are consumed by humans.
- Some of the more potent of these chemicals also bioaccumulate up the food chain and end up in toxic amounts in marine mammals.
- Example sentences
- Use peaked in the United States in 1959 and then gradually declined as concerns were raised about bioaccumulation via the food chain and adverse impacts on fauna - notably fertility and egg shell thinning in birds.
- However, DDT released before that time is still present in the environment and in various organisms in the process of bioaccumulation.
- Biological processes are primarily biotransformation, biodegradation, and bioaccumulation.
Definición de bioaccumulate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan