Definición de bioavailability en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Physiology
The proportion of a drug or other substance which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect.
- These effects may profoundly affect the oral bioavailability of drugs.
- Clinicians and patients should beware of possible reductions in systemic bioavailability of conventional drugs when taken concomitantly with St John's wort.
- Systemic bioavailability secondary to lung bioavailability definitely occurs, but the contribution is insignificant.
- Example sentences
- Vancomycin is poorly bioavailable when administered orally, and for systemic infections the intravenous route is used.
- As with other protein products, predigesting proteins facilitate absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, thus making the amino acids more bioavailable.
- It is not surprising that such complex species are not readily bioavailable, and are therefore not toxic.
Definición de bioavailability en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan