Definición de biolistics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
A technique in genetic engineering in which tiny metal pellets coated with DNA are propelled into living cells at high velocities.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Over-expression of introduced genes is a problem with some methods, such as biolistics, which is shooting gene preparations into plant tissue with tiny projectiles.
- Previous reports have shown that biolistics can be used to transfer genes to chickens in ovo.
- It makes use of biolistics technology, where tiny particles are injected through cell walls by a high-powered gun.
- biolistic adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The strain was transformed using biolistic techniques.
- Leaves of pepper, potato, tomato, Arabidopsis, and maize were subjected to biolistic transient transformation with various DNA constructs and were subsequently histochemically stained to visualize GUS activity.
- Particle coating and bombardment conditions were carried out basically as described previously, with a biolistic helium gun device.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda