- 1The study of living organisms, divided into many specialized fields that cover their morphology, physiology, anatomy, behaviour, origin, and distribution.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An A level student at Sheldon School, Edward is studying biology, physics, chemistry and maths.
- He managed to walk away with seven O-levels and started studying A-level biology, physics and chemistry.
- Another, newer field, called systems biology or systems biomedicine, is emerging.
- 1.1The plants and animals of a particular area: the biology of the Chesapeake BayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We are out for pleasure, to check the biology of the area, and perhaps to get some pictures of marine species we have not seen before.
- This data is not sufficient to properly assess impacts to the local biology given the probable long-term use of the shoal as a sand resource area.
- Each of the presenters at the ICPRB conference, Human Influences on the Biology of the Potomac River, gave the basin a letter grade for different aspects of the river, based on their expertise.
- 1.2The physiology, behaviour, and other qualities of a particular organism or class of organisms: human biologyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although I aced the exam and the class, the only biology I learnt that semester was animal behaviour.
- What if the government charged him to set up a world class institute of marine biology?
- In space it is possible to identify and isolate some unique characteristics of human physiology and biology.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many conservationist and wildlife biologists in India all started as bird watchers.
- Father Ramon Ruiz-Sanchez is a Jesuit priest, from Peru, and a botanist and biologist.
- He continues to work as an environmental biologist - less tangential to his career as a writer than it might appear.
early 19th century: coined in German, via French from Greek bios 'life' + -logy.
Más definiciones de biologyDefinición de biology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.