Definición de bioluminescence en inglés:
1The biochemical emission of light by living organisms such as glow-worms and deep-sea fish.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although its biochemistry is well understood and is applied for various scientific techniques, the survival value of bioluminescence to the organisms themselves often remains unclear.
- How do flows trigger physiological responses such as bioluminescence in organisms, or changes in growth rate, nutrient uptake, and cell structure?
- The chemiluminescent reactions found in living organisms are called bioluminescence.
1.1The light emitted by organisms such as glow-worms and deep-sea fish.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- With transfected cells grown as solid tumors in vivo, the bioluminescence light is emitted shortly after systemic administration of luciferin.
- If the source is a bioluminescent searchlight, the ideal reflectance depends on the irradiance of the bioluminescence striking the organism relative to the background radiance.
- This suggests that directed bioluminescence and the transmission of bioluminescence through gut walls are more important than ambient light for detecting animals at mesopelagic depths.
- 1bioluminescent adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Scarier yet, some deep-sea-dwelling, sci-fi-looking breeds of anglerfish, which attract prey by dangling a bioluminescent lure from their foremost dorsal spine, can take down fish their own size in a single gulp.
- When you reach the Cabo Rojo National Wildlife Refuge, just south of town, mountain-bike a trail network among thousands of migratory birds, then cap it off with a swim in the nearby bioluminescent bay.
- Mosquito Bay is one of the last and best of the world's bioluminescent coves, blessed with billions of tiny, delicate dinoflagellates that sparkle like gems at the slightest motion.
Definición de bioluminescence en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda