- A biological or synthetic substance which can be introduced into body tissue as part of an implanted medical device or used to replace an organ, bodily function, etc..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Various tissue-engineering approaches were developed using natural or synthetic biomaterials as scaffolds for cell growth.
- The enterprise body also aims to concentrate on emerging areas such as biomaterials (material used in medical devices) and bioinformatics (using computers to process biological data such as the human genome).
- This information would provide insight into the mechanisms of cell migration and could also guide the design of biomaterials that interact with tissue cells.
Más definiciones de biomaterialDefinición de biomaterial en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.