- The practice of commercially exploiting naturally occurring biochemical or genetic material, especially by obtaining patents that restrict its future use, while failing to pay fair compensation to the community from which it originates.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to People and the Planet, environmentalists in some Third World countries now link ecotourism with biopiracy.
- Some have suggested that biopiracy happens because Indian knowledge is not documented.
- Concrete examples of the effect of biopiracy on indigenous communities aren't hard to find.
Más definiciones de biopiracyDefinición de biopiracy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.