sustantivo[mass noun] Ecology
- The animal and plant life of a particular region, habitat, or geological period: the biota of the riverMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Macaronesian flora has traditionally been suggested to represent the relictual fragment of a subtropical Tertiary plant biota once widespread in Europe and northern Africa.
- There is little question that the uniqueness of the habitat and biota was greater before the causeway was built.
- Roots may also be closely associated with other organisms, such as soil biota or symbionts, and differ in their degree of lignification.
early 20th century: modern Latin, from Greek biotē 'life'.
Más definiciones de biotaDefinición de biota en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.