- 1A person who passes through a place without staying for long.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over time, many birds of passage decided to stay in America and sent for their families.
- The Canadian Professor who is a summer bird of passage, is once more adorning and enlivening the household: one of her first contributions to the rich texture of daily life on this particular occasion is a copy of the Benedictine Yearbook.
- In actual fact, the government servant cut off from his cultural moorings is no more than a transient, a bird of passage; he has little social interaction with and almost no interest in the development of the local people.
- 2 • dated A migratory bird.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You are no summer bird of passage, come and gone with the bunting.
- This is the spade work done by Gwen and the writer, and the later promotion are only birds of passage.
- ‘The industry cannot possibly be affected because it is far more closed and sterile, and the poultry have practically no access to their faeces nor to water sources which could be infected by birds of passage,’ he said.
Más definiciones de bird of passageDefinición de bird of passage en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.