Definición de biscuit en inglés:
- The boiling and frying technique remained in use in the Middle Ages for making cracknels, which were small, crisp, sweet biscuits.
- Instead of high-fat foods like chocolate, biscuits, cakes and crisps, try healthier alternatives such as fresh fruit, crusty bread or crackers.
- The Salvation Army says it would welcome any food that would keep, such as chocolates, sweets, biscuits, mince pies and selection boxes.
- Self-rising flour and cake and biscuit mixes have decreased the demand for baking soda as an important baking ingredient.
- Still, a tradition is a tradition, so I'll be picking up a three-piece w / biscuit from the Turnpike rest stop Roy Rogers on my way home.
- We all had eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuit, and coffee.
- She says that at present, students are able to learn, experiment and practice with the preparation of clay and hand-making techniques for biscuit and glaze firing.
- At first his slip painting on biscuit porcelain simply peeled off.
- This biscuit porcelain example, with its marbled black surround bearing its identifying label, came from the collection of a German princely family.
- Colourings such as taupe, pavlova, biscuit and caraway are offset by elegant shades of caffeine, pewter, ash and, of course, coffee, charcoals and black.
- Moss, chocolate, mink, charcoal, biscuit and olive dominated the white expanse of winter for Grachvogel, as jazz drifted from a grand piano on the catwalk.
- Available in sizes S - 4X in black, midnight navy, smoke and biscuit.
- Many carpenters have started using biscuits in the miter joints between trim pieces to lock the joint together and prevent future separation.
- The table, made of maple and walnut, features curved legs, intricate dovetailed joints made by hand and dowels and biscuits to connect the various pieces.
- Using thin wood wafers called biscuits can strengthen wood joints by providing more glue bonding area.
- 1 informal
- Be the most remarkable or foolish of its kind.Oraciones de ejemplo
- I know I've said we've had a whirlwind week before, but this one took the cake!
- My friends Deidre and Matt, who have been traveling in India for the past three months, have been sending some enchanting emails describing their experiences, but the one I found in my inbox this morning takes the cake.
- As a union representative who once handled grievance matters, I thought I had seen everything there was to see but the mistreatment accorded Johnson takes the cake.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are about a dozen curries to have inside your roti: The potato-chickpea one is full of toasty cardamom seeds and has a biscuity, savory, warm, mustard-tinged loveliness to it.
- Made by the traditional method, similar to the one used in Champagne, but any biscuity layers or dried-fruit complexity have been swamped by the black-grape flavours - in this case, of raspberry purée.
- It was a sticky, toffee-like, delicious, crunchy, biscuity, sticky in your teeth kind of affair with the sesame flavouring it with desirable nuttiness.
Middle English: from Old French bescuit, based on Latin bis 'twice' + coctus, past participle of coquere 'to cook' (so named because originally biscuits were cooked in a twofold process: first baked and then dried out in a slow oven so that they would keep).
The basic meaning of biscuit is ‘twice cooked’, coming into English via French from Latin bis ‘twice’ and coctusi ‘cooked’. The name comes from the original process of making biscuits—they were first baked and then dried out in a slow oven so that they would keep.
Palabras que riman con biscuitbrisket, frisket
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.