sustantivo (plural igual)
- A humpbacked shaggy-haired wild ox native to North America and Europe.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Bison, family Bovidae: B. bison of North American prairies (also called buffalo), and B. bonasus of European forests (also called wisent), now found only in Poland. These are sometimes regarded as a single species
- Today the wood and plains bison in North America are the only surviving populations.
- From North America came squirrels and raccoons, bears and bison, eagles and an elk.
- Elks and bison, it seems, adapted better to the new landscape than mammoths and horses.
late Middle English: from Latin, ultimately of Germanic origin and related to wisent.
Más definiciones de bisonDefinición de bison en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.