- A rich shellfish soup, typically made from lobster.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scallops come with a rich, foaming lobster bisque.
- With eyes bigger than our bellies we move on to lobster and prawn bisque, rich with cream and brandy, mopped up with home-made bread and washed down with a crisp, white Sauvignon.
- Allow the food to dispel your chills - the thick, soothing lobster bisque, the aromatic fennel soup, or a terrine of foie gras that glides down your throat like velvet across a smooth back.
French, 'crayfish soup'.
- An extra turn or stroke allowed to a weaker player in croquet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To our mind, there is a far better handicap than any of these, viz., the bisque.
- We need to get near one ball, take the first bisque to hit it and croquet it to a useful position whilst getting within hitting distance of another.
- To take a bisque judiciously requires a cool head and great familiarity with tennis.
mid 17th century (originally a term in real tennis): from French, of unknown ultimate origin.