Very strange or unusual: a bizarre situation his behaviour became more and more bizarre
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a bizarre situation, especially in comparison with the rules of the sea.
- Being pictured as he was might be a bizarre situation but it's par for the course.
- Yet it is the bizarre, unexpected moments in life that are the ones we remember.
strange, peculiar, odd, funny, curious, offbeat, outlandish, eccentric, unconventional, unorthodox, queer, unexpected, unfamiliar, abnormal, atypical, unusual, out of the ordinary, out of the way, extraordinary; fantastic, remarkable, puzzling, mystifying, mysterious, perplexing, baffling, unaccountable, inexplicable, incongruous, irregular, singular, ludicrous, comical, ridiculous, droll, deviant, aberrant, grotesque, freak, freakish, surreal; Frenchoutré
British informal rum
mid 17th century: from French, from Italian bizzarro 'angry', of unknown origin.
- [sentence adverb]: bizarrely, he doesn’t like dessertsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The professor has analyzed a radical hydrocarbon that contains no transition metal but behaves bizarrely, as he explains.
- I heard him say to mother that you must have behaved so bizarrely because you were ill.
- Cornered in the exact positions where our tyranny of silence was instigated, we bizarrely began having an everyday discussion about the weather.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gotta love those moments of total bizarreness.
- And part of me does; I love the bizarreness of human nature.
- This unusual non sequitur represents the high point of bizarreness in this collection of sketches.