Any of a number of plants having flowers with yellowish petals and a dark centre:
- ● a slender tropical climber popular as an indoor or greenhouse plant (Thunbergia alata, family Acanthaceae). ● a rudbeckia grown in gardens (Rudbeckia hirta and its hybrids, family Compositae).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Purple coneflower, black-eyed Susans, sedums and grasses should be left as they are; if they look particularly messy, plant a few stakes and tie the leaves up.
- How I loved those fields of wildflowers - especially the black-eyed Susans with their huge black eye surrounded by delicate petals of gold.
- He picked up his binoculars and they swayed over to the Rassaby garden, pink veils of roses tumbling over the fence, morning glories and orange nasturtiums tangled in black-eyed Susans.
Definición de black-eyed Susan en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.