Definición de black market en inglés:
An illegal traffic or trade in officially controlled or scarce commodities: the men planned to sell the meat on the black market [as modifier]: black market currency trading
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Keeping drugs illegal not only costs billions in enforcement, but loses billions in tax revenue by keeping the drug trade a black-market affair.
- Investigators concluded that the colonel enlisted his men in a black-market currency scheme that netted him tens of thousands of dollars.
- But like drugs, and alcohol during Prohibition, black-market contraband always provides a means to acquire whatever is the forbidden fruit of the moment.
black marketeer sustantivo
- Example sentences
- The media like to paint it as a rather wild place, full of black marketeers, mobsters and an amorphous group of people they mysteriously call the ‘Mafia'.
- Fortunately, he had anticipated trouble and had made arrangements for black marketeers to smuggle out the footage he already had.
- The author tells us it is simply a matter of supply and demand, with nuclear black marketeers actively establishing connections between likely end-users and would-be sellers.
- Example sentences
- There was a widespread popular anger sparked by high prices (these had more than doubled during the war), a scarcity of goods, and black-marketeering.
- Food rationing together with spasmodic black-marketeering for tea, meat and the like persisted until I was seven.
- It also would serve as a propaganda ploy to show that the government was fighting high-level crime and black-marketeering, opponents say.
Definición de black market en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan