A leopard that has black fur rather than the typical spotted coat.
- The island harbours black-faced langur monkeys, sambar deer, cobras, pythons, black panthers, bison, jackals and wild boar, as well as fish eagles, kites, kingfishers and brilliant butterflies.
- A Hampshire school has declared its playing fields a no-go zone after two sightings of a big cat fitting the description of a black panther.
- The large black panther, which has been spotted stalking areas of Bexley over the past three years, made its latest appearance last Thursday.
A member of a militant political organization set up in the US in 1966 to fight for black rights.
- She did not see white peace activists energetically defending the Black Panthers, who were fighting a war for survival at the time.
- The most obvious influence on the rap artist's early politics is his mother's active membership of the Black Panthers, the African-American nationalist, revolutionary group.
- I think that not only the civil rights movement, but even certain black militant groups like the Black Panthers were necessary in the fight against racism and political inequality.