sustantivo (plural igual or blackfishes)
- 1Any of a number of dark-coloured fish:
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ● an open-ocean fish related to the perches (genera Centrolophus and Schedophilus, family Centrolophidae), in particular the large and widespread C. niger. ● (Alaska blackfish) a small fish occurring along the Arctic coasts of Alaska and Siberia, noted for its ability to withstand freezing (Dallia pectoralis, family Umbridae). ● (river blackfish) a large fish of Australian rivers (Gadopsis marmoratus, family Gadopsidae). ● another term for luderick ● another term for galjoen ● a salmon just after spawning.
- Next in order of estimation come two somewhat smaller species, both of the genus Actinopyga: the blackfish and the deep-water redfish.
- Many people criticize the eating qualities of tailor and blackfish but if treated the same way as dart, they are top table fish.
- Much of our traditional winter run of bream, tailor and blackfish have gone and we wait for the good whiting and flathead of the summer months.
- 2 another term for pilot whale.
Más definiciones de blackfishDefinición de blackfish en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.