Definición de blacklead en inglés:
another term for graphite.
- Strand upon strand bonded to the blacklead with a binding agent known only to few.
- Works can be rendered in blacklead or metallic pencil or in colour using various mediums or in monotone or duotone or in black and white.
- The grate will need no other cleaning, but will merely require dusting every day, and occasionally brushing with a dry blacklead brush.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Polish (metal, especially cast iron) with graphite: the kitchen range hadn’t been blackleaded for ages
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When they are required, the bars, cheeks, and back of the grate will need blackleading in the usual manner.
- The fireplace dates from about 1840 and needed regular blackleading and polishing.
- Windows were cleaned, grates were blackleaded, furniture polished and the front doorstep and flags were whitened.
Definición de blacklead en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan