- 1.1(In Italy) a member of a paramilitary group founded by Mussolini.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The quasi-official terror gangs of the 1920s - the Freikorps in Germany, blackshirts in Italy, and Black and Tans in Ireland - did not reappear.
- Even Mussolini's fascism attracted Jabotinsky's Revisionist Party, and the Betar youth movement was, to some degree, modeled on the Italian blackshirts.
- 1.2(In Nazi Germany) a member of the SS.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His people are like the blackshirts of Nazi Germany.
- 1.3(In the UK) a supporter of Oswald Mosley’s British Union of Fascists.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was introduced in response to Mosley's fascists and their blackshirts.
- You can hear party members recalling how they lined up milk bottles to throw at Mosley's blackshirts, fought tenant evictions, and organised Saturday night socials.
- The leader of the British Union of Fascists, Sir Oswald Moseley, had planned to invade the East End with his blackshirts to intimidate the residents.
1920s: so named because of the colour of the Italian Fascist uniform.
Más definiciones de blackshirtDefinición de blackshirt en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.