Definición de blameworthy en inglés:
Responsible for wrongdoing and deserving of censure or blame.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The investigator found that the council was not blameworthy of doing anything wrong in the circumstances.
- Decisions are often based not on general concepts of blameworthy or culpable conduct, but on the precise interpretation of technical terms within the act.
- If criminals under a particular age are less blameworthy than other criminals it might seem to follow that we should spare such criminals the harshest sentence.
culpable, reprehensible, indefensible, inexcusable, guilty, criminal, delinquent, sinful, wicked, wrong, evil, shameful, discreditable;
to blame, at fault, blameable, condemnable, censurable, reproachable, responsible, answerable, offending, erring, errant, in the wrong
- blameworthiness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The investigation is concerned with ‘fault’ which includes blameworthiness as well as causation.
- When there are multiple agents associated with a negative event, however, the perceived responsibility and blameworthiness of each agent may be greatly reduced.
- The criminal law normally reflects culpability and blameworthiness for moral wrong in a general sense.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda