- Responsible for wrongdoing and deserving of censure or blame.Más ejemplos en oraciones
culpable, reprehensible, indefensible, inexcusable, guilty, criminal, delinquent, sinful, wicked, wrong, evil, shameful, discreditable; to blame, at fault, blameable, condemnable, censurable, reproachable, responsible, answerable, offending, erring, errant, in the wrong• rare reprovable
- The investigator found that the council was not blameworthy of doing anything wrong in the circumstances.
- Decisions are often based not on general concepts of blameworthy or culpable conduct, but on the precise interpretation of technical terms within the act.
- If criminals under a particular age are less blameworthy than other criminals it might seem to follow that we should spare such criminals the harshest sentence.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The investigation is concerned with ‘fault’ which includes blameworthiness as well as causation.
- When there are multiple agents associated with a negative event, however, the perceived responsibility and blameworthiness of each agent may be greatly reduced.
- The criminal law normally reflects culpability and blameworthiness for moral wrong in a general sense.