Definición de blank cheque en inglés:
1A signed cheque with the amount left for the payee to fill in.
- He testified that he signed blank cheques, the details of which would be filled in later.
- She had a signed blank cheque of mine and I told her the exact amount to fill in.
- We should pay our fair share, but not give a blank cheque for others to fill in and sign.
1.1An unlimited freedom of action: the elections did not hand the president a blank cheque to carry on as before
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ministers admitted last week that their promised package of relief to the countryside was effectively a blank cheque.
- He has the faith of a true believer and the blank cheque that may only be available to him once in a lifetime.
- We should oppose the usual practice whereby they demand that the Council give them a blank check to conduct a war any way they want.
Definición de blank cheque en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan