A common green freshwater alga which forms long unbranched filaments, sometimes becoming a problem in over-enriched water and garden ponds.
- Genus Spirogyra, division Chlorophyta (or phylum Chlorophyta, kingdom Protista)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Back at home, one of our chores this week has been scooping blanket weed out of the pond.
- The shade from the lily pads and the maple was sufficient to keep down the slimy blanket weed that was threatening to fill the pond earlier in the season.
- He does admit that blanket weed can be a nuisance with newly installed ponds, particularly towards the end of a hot summer.
Más definiciones de blanket weedDefinición de blanket weed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.