The state of being blessed with divine favour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At no point in this eternal journey do I expect to dissolve into god or attain static blessedness.
- Christ speaks this word of wholeness and well being and blessedness even to Thomas, who doubts.
- Thoughts of heaven merely blunted the urge for revolution by its promises of future blessedness.
- humorous The state of being unmarried.From Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream i. i. 78Oraciones de ejemplo
- While Israel informs readers that this ‘single blessedness’ could be rather lonely and demoralizing, it was still an Amazonian utopia compared with the lives of the other single subgroup at the time: the immigrant working girl.
- Lucy Larcom believed that ‘a life of ‘single blessedness’’ was preferable to ‘marrying and giving in marriage’.
- There are single people who deliberately chose to be singles as they have discerned that is their vocation: single blessedness.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bless¦ed|ness
Definición de blessedness en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda