- 1 (also Colonel Blimp) British A pompous, reactionary type of person: you’ll still find Colonel Blimps at local party levelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Those who read Mr Cooper's article will discover that he is anything but a Colonel Blimp and that he does not have much in common with historical liberal imperialism either.
- It is sad to find the editor of one of the few outlets in favour of radical change adopting the attitude, and language, of a Colonel Blimp.
- It's depressingly like the cartoon of a Colonel Blimp character sitting in an armchair beneath the huge head of a white rhino, explaining that he ‘thought he'd better bag one fast in case this conservation business doesn't work out.’
- 2A small airship or barrage balloon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Aerostats are packed to their fins with special radar payloads that would have mere hot air balloons, airships or blimps hissing with envy.
- For unmanned aerial vehicles, though, inflatable wings are just the ticket, figures ILC Dover, a leading supplier of blimps and airships.
- However, western detectives flatly dismissed reports that Government's airship, the blimp, and other sophisticated radar technology were responsible for the seizure.
- 2.1North American A fat person: I could work out four hours a day and still end up a blimpMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Remember the Poker Champion pictures where he was a real blimp? He looks great.
- I was skinny just a year ago, but at the rate I'm going I'll be a real blimp soon!
- Oh my God, hey, just jump back and make a little way for the blimp in the blue hat.
- 3A soundproof cover for a cine camera.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If your camera is disturbing the peace in court, on the golf course or any other venue where silence is golden, photojournalist Sam Cranston's US$125 Camera Muzzle sound blimp for pro film and digital SLR cameras may be for you.
- The Nikon CS-13 Blimp Case is a black imitation leather case made to hold a Nikon camera with a motor drive and a lens attached.
- I've heard a rumor that at some point a blimp was made for this camera, but I've had no luck finding one.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But all the hot air served was to point up the hyper-inflation football elite's smug self-importance and, at the same time, demonstrate what a blimpish dirigible of bluster FIFA's chief Sepp Blatter truly is.
- But for sheer blimpish offensiveness nothing compares with his remarks about a father who forgave the killers of his daughter who was murdered during the Enniskillen Cenotaph bombing.
- Over the past decade, however, under the blimpish leadership of Brian McMaster, the visual arts have been progressively sidelined.
Más definiciones de blimpDefinición de blimp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.