(also water blinks)
sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
- A small fleshy plant with tiny white flowers, which grows in damp and wet habitats in temperate regions. The leaves are sometimes eaten in salads.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Montia fontana, family Portulacaceae
- Some are found worldwide such as water blinks and brittle-bladder fern.
- Photograph and information on this species, commonly known as Blinks, found in damp places.
- Blinks is so called because its tiny greenish-white flowers rarely open fully, fancifully as if they were reluctant to face the sun.
late 17th century: from blink in the sense 'momentary gleam of light' (referring to the small flowers).
Más definiciones de blinksDefinición de blinks en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.