(also water blinks)
Definición de blinks en inglés:
plural sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
A small fleshy plant with tiny white flowers, which grows in damp and wet habitats in temperate regions. The leaves are sometimes eaten in salads.
- Montia fontana, family Portulacaceae
- Some are found worldwide such as water blinks and brittle-bladder fern.
- Photograph and information on this species, commonly known as Blinks, found in damp places.
- Blinks is so called because its tiny greenish-white flowers rarely open fully, fancifully as if they were reluctant to face the sun.
late 17th century: from blink in the sense 'momentary gleam of light' (referring to the small flowers).
Definición de blinks en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia