- In children, the abdomen can become swollen and bloated and medical attention should be sought urgently.
- It is rare to see instant results when making dietary changes, but according to experts, bloating and swollen ankles can literally ‘deflate’ within a matter of days when salt intake is reduced.
- You may notice a burning sensation in your upper abdomen, nausea, bloating and belching.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- Also, grazing that leaves very short stubble could lead to a greater risk of bloat if livestock are hungry when turned into the next paddock.
- When bloat occurs, the stomach can turn and block, causing a buildup of gas.
- Signs of bloat are stomach pain and futile attempts to vomit and to salivate.
late 17th century: from obsolete bloat 'swollen, soft', perhaps from Old Norse blautr 'soft, flabby'.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
late 16th century: related to the adjective bloat used in the compound bloat herring 'bloater' from the late 16th to mid 17th century; of obscure origin.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.