Definición de bludger en inglés:
sustantivoAustralian /NZ informal
- You're a taxpayer-funded bludger, coward, tyrant-appeaser and liar.
- Now, these go-getters resent handing over almost half their earnings to subsidise the lifestyles of geriatrics, single mums that push prams around at the local shopping centre, and other variants of so called bludgers.
- Curse the bludgers who created this problem by not paying their dues!
- But when members talk about layabouts, bludgers, and lazy folk, they should look at their own number.
- It just perpetuates the stigma that welfare recipients are lazy bludgers who need to be forced into work.
- First of all, I wonder how many people in this Chamber, and how many people outside it who criticise beneficiaries for being lazy bludgers, can imagine what it is like to really try to live on $134 or $161 per week.
Mid 19th century (originally British slang denoting a pimp, specifically one who robbed his prostitute's clients): abbreviation of bludgeoner, from bludgeon.
Palabras que riman con bludgergrudger, nudger, trudger
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.