- Use a really sharp knife. A blunt knife will ‘bruise’ the onion and let more juices out, therefore more tears.
- If you prod the meat with a blunt implement, you will discover cooked meat has a different feel to uncooked meat.
- He was hit over the head with a blunt implement and was found unconscious, suffering from a fractured skull, minutes later lying on a grass verge.
- Until the 1840s, screws had a flat or blunt tip, which necessitated drilling a lead hole first in order to start the screw.
- Sea otters have flat, blunt tails as well as webbed hind paws.
- This is why spacecraft are designed with rounded noses and very blunt wings - characteristics that also increase the drag force.
- You are very blunt, candid and brutally honest.
- Or will they say here's a plain spoken, direct, blunt guy who may make his way in politics.
- I am blunt, straightforward, demanding of myself and others.
- Her sharp cheekbones blunted themselves, and her nose was once again too narrow, the chin round and stubborn.
- My next strategy has been to remain unshockable, to blunt whatever little swords my precious boy manages to pick up.
- I oblige and take the knife whose blade Jake has been blunting.
- It increases the number of calories the body burns each day, including calories from bodyfat, and it blunts hunger, thereby decreasing the amount of calories taken in.
- Demoralized, the Italians began a hasty retreat, but not before blunting an attack by republican forces.
- France acquired its own nuclear weapons and could assume that NATO would blunt an attack from the east even after US forces and bases had been removed from its territory.
- Consequently, marijuana use in blunts may persist longer into adulthood for a larger proportion of the general population than marijuana use in joints and pipes had in the past.
- This may have been a simple inconsistency in their responses or an indication that some youthful blunt smokers either do not know or do not define blunts as containing marijuana.
- Among the general population, persons coming of age since 1990 have been getting involved primarily with marijuana, often as a blunt.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Finally one day when I could contain myself no longer I blurted my question with the bluntness of a curious seven-year.
- It puts aside its bluntness of assessment, its bluntness of prediction and careens right into the future with all sorts of new predictions.
- Able to create and showing a willingness to battle their way back into the game, the bluntness of their striking partnership foiled them and gave the visitors cause for optimism.
Middle English (in the sense 'dull, insensitive'): perhaps of Scandinavian origin and related to Old Norse blunda 'shut the eyes'.
Palabras que riman con bluntaffront, brunt, bunt, confront, front, Granth, grunt, hunt, mahant, runt, shunt, stunt, up-front
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: blunt
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.