sustantivo (plural igual or boars)
- 1 (also wild boar) A tusked Eurasian wild pig from which domestic pigs are descended, exterminated in Britain in the 17th century.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sus scrofa, family Suidae
- Today's feral hog population is a hybrid of domestic pigs and Eurasian wild boars brought to North America in the early 1900s for food and sport.
- He tracked roe deer and wild boar, and found wolves and lynx doing the same.
- Giant crowned pigeons, small wallaby kangaroos, cassowary birds, tree kangaroos, and wild boars are abundant within an hour's walk of the village.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The flesh of the wild boar as food.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Options range from beef, ostrich and chicken patties, to combos like boar and brie, beef and merguez, or venison and goat cheese.
- In my survey, I argue that the association of the bronze tripod with cooking game such as venison and boar was restricted to elite hunting groups who took their feasting equipment with them to their graves.
- The meat eaters among you should be delighted to learn that the Saint George will be serving rabbit, boar and venison during the game season.
- 2An uncastrated domestic male pig.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Improvements in daily gain, feed efficiency, loin-eye area, and lower backfats occur when boars are provided the dietary protein concentration that meets their requirement.
- Selection of boars with initially correct skeletal structure will help to ensure their longevity.
- Boars used in pen-mating situations need to be heavier than boars used for hand mating or for artificial insemination.
- 3The full-grown male of certain other animals, especially a badger, guinea pig, or hedgehog.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The boar goat section, new to the show last year, will return, along with the live steer competition, sheep, poultry and wool categories.
- When getting a boar ready for a show the other area that might well need special cleaning is his grease spot, which is found at the base of the spine and tends to be greaser than the rest of the coat.
- However, before Jake and Squeekie's story, there is much to consider before any guinea pig owner decides to have their boar neutered.
Old English bār, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch beer and German Bär.
Más definiciones de boarDefinición de boar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.