- 1Long, flat, thin pieces of wood used to build or cover something.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Not having bothered to use the door, the undead cadavers had simply punched a hole through the wall as if it had been thin wooden boarding.
- I remember coming off the end of the slide and hitting a big piece of plastic boarding.
- Church leaders have been forced to cover the windows with iron grilles and wooden boarding and the building's insurers have almost trebled the premiums.
- 2The arrangement according to which pupils live in school during term time: the advantages of boarding [as modifier]: students all had to pay boarding feesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ampleforth College has today offered free boarding to all day pupils during the present phase of the foot and mouth disease outbreak.
- We tried boarding schools, weekly boarding, day schools - she'd go for a term or two, then she would want to move on.
- The secondary school will continue to welcome students but the tradition of boarding, begun in 1782, will cease after this academic year.
- 3The action of getting on or into a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle: remember to buy your tickets before boardingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The illegal boarding of ships and seizure of cargo has in the past been considered an act of war.
- However, you may not know the actual time of boarding until the day before or day of boarding.
- And she did not have much time to acclimatise - she carried out her first boarding within an hour of taking up her station, and found 300 tonnes of illegal oil on a cargo dhow.
- 4 Ice Hockey The illegal action of body-checking an opponent violently into the boards from behind.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A player can be assessed either a minor or major penalty for boarding, and in many cases more severe penalties or suspensions will be assessed, because players can be very badly hurt from this.
- He was given a five-minute penalty for boarding and a game misconduct call, but that didn't satisfy the Sharks.
- He got a five-minute major penalty for boarding, and a game misconduct for something vaguely felonious.
Más definiciones de boardingDefinición de boarding en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.