Definición de bodice en inglés:
- The bride wore an ivory strapless satin dress with a sweetheart bodice, shoulder-length veil, full skirt and long train embroidered with baby pearls and sequins.
- Hazel wore a medieval-styled dress with a gold-braced bodice, gold chiffon sleeves and a gold train.
- She finished her meal and changed again into fresh undergarments and a deep claret-colored full dress with a low-cut bodice and tight sleeves.
- Both made her heart squeeze tighter, even as she drew the underskirts over her head and tied the laces in the front of the bodice.
- Ribbons and lace bedecked the front of the satin bodice, with nothing but a little lace around the legs and a big bow in the back for a skirt.
- The bodice was corseted and tied all the way down the front with black ribbon and it was separated enough just to show a little bit of skin.
Mid 16th century (originally bodies): plural of body, retaining the original pronunciation. The term probably first denoted an undergarment, then known as a pair of bodice, although this sense is not recorded until the early 17th century.
The original form of bodice was bodies, the plural of body (Old English). This referred to an item of clothing for the upper body from the mid 16th century, when the pronunciation of bodies would have been like that of bodice. A similar thing happened with dice, which is in origin the plural of die. A bodice ripper is a sexy romantic novel with a historical setting, often having a cover featuring a woman with revealingly torn clothes swooning in the arms of a masterful man. The term was not used until the start of the 1980s.
Palabras que riman con bodicegoddess
Definición de bodice en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.