Definición de body blow en inglés:
1A heavy punch to the body.
- At the time what I relished even more was the implicit invitation to return body blow for body blow.
- The fragile tops of them were knocked down by the body blow from the creature, sending them crashing to the ground.
- He brought his hands up as an instinctive reaction, just in time for her to deliver a left body blow that took him right off his feet and flying back into the corridor wall.
1.1Something that causes problems or severe disappointment; a setback: a tax on books would be a body blow for education
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The winners suffered a severe body blow early in the second-half when effective midfielder Brian Óg Murphy was sent to the line, but as so often happens, this served to galvanise the winners' resistance.
- Leitrim may have entered the arena from the underdogs corner but they soon had landed a severe body blow to the champions.
- Clearly, the global financial system has experienced a severe body blow, and must now be considered acutely vulnerable.
Definición de body blow en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan