Definición de body check en inglés:
(Especially in ice hockey) an act of deliberately obstructing a player by bumping into them.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After all, a body-check is blatant obstruction and should be punished accordingly.
- It is also a highly physical sport and body-checks can sometimes see players crashing to the ground without any punishment being meted out by officials.
- The lone forward skimmed past Iván Helguera with seven minutes go before attracting a ferocious body-check just outside the area from David Albelda.
verbo(body-check) [with object] Volver al principio
Obstruct (a player) with a body check: (as noun body-checking) no body-checking is allowed so the pitched battles which often feature in ice hockey are rare
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How many times have we seen players being body-checked when trying to take a return pass?
- With the score at 1-1 thanks to Carl Fletcher's equaliser, Camp denied Marlon Harewood a clear goal-scoring chance by body-checking the West Ham striker just outside the penalty area but Mason showed only a yellow card.
- Ljungberg has just been cynically body-checked by Pellegrino, leaving Arsenal with a great free-kick opportunity, 25 yards out.
Definición de body check en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India