(also bogong moth)
Definición de bogong en inglés:
A large brown moth of southern Australia, formerly eaten by Aborigines.
- Agrotis infusa, family Noctuidae
- The bogongs, I am reliably informed, normally migrate from Queensland to the Snowy Mountains in October.
- Who would support him if he chose controversially to burn off part of the Lane Cove River Park that was home to a distinctive family of bogong moths?
- I sense above the rotting bodies of bogong moths in Canberra an especial stench around the events of last Thursday.
mid 19th century: from Ngayawung (an Aboriginal language).
Definición de bogong en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan