Definición de boiler room en inglés:
1A room in a building or a compartment in a ship containing a boiler and related heating equipment.
- The apartment includes a sitting room, study, kitchen, utility, boiler room, two bedrooms, bathroom and separate toilet.
- Then on the Friday before the children were due to return to school in January, the heating system pump burst, leaving the boiler room underwater and the main school building with no heating once more.
- The wheel was put hard over, causing the first torpedo to miss, but the second struck the forward boiler room, splitting the ship in two and causing her to sink within 15 seconds.
2A room or office in which many operators engage in high-pressure telephone sales, especially of risky or worthless investments: [as modifier]: a boiler-room operation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The authors depicted a high-pressure sales culture that resembled a telemarketing boiler room more than a university admissions office.
- He is by far the best salesman in his boiler room.
- Remember that boiler-room operators are well-versed in making you feel utterly inadequate by your lack of knowledge about a particular company or ‘ground-breaking’ product.
Definición de boiler room en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan