1A long, thick pillow that is placed under other pillows for support.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sessions were kept short or broken for comfort breaks so that she could be re-positioned with supporting pillows and bolsters.
- Aside from formula, Nadiyah's parents have taken all her favorite items with them, including a pillow and a bolster, to help make the pilgrimage a rewarding experience for her.
- They normally sat cross-legged on the floor, preferably on a carpet with bolsters or pillows.
2A part on a vehicle or tool providing structural support or reducing friction.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The modified double-ground blade and angular bolsters flow into a handle that fits the palm like a glove.
- These screwdrivers had a forged one-piece tempered blade including a bolster and special wings on two sides.
- The bolsters, handle. pivot pin and release mechanism all presented unique technical challenges.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
1Support or strengthen: the fall in interest rates is starting to bolster confidence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If stress becomes apparent to the coach, he should attempt to bolster confidence with moral support.
- While working to bolster this great strength, she also took its perceived weaknesses in hand.
- To bolster their market strength today, producers must have the ability to do more than negotiate with the local canner or grocery store.
- bolsterer sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Before his role as CEO, president and sentimental bolsterer, Bill Ford had made strides from within to bring Ford to a higher level of corporate responsibility.
- Astronomy, geography, and ergonomics are the three scientific bolsterers of Chinese feng shui theory.
- Animals also appear to serve as catalysts for learning, as sources of contact comfort, as outlets for nurturance, as models of positive social behavior, and as bolsterers of staff morale.
Palabras que riman con bolsterholster, pollster, soulster, upholster
Early 20th century: of unknown origin.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda