High-sounding but with little meaning; inflated: bombastic rhetoric bombastic music that drowned out what anyone was saying
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Johnson's expression is manly, vigorous, grandiloquent and bombastic.
- Given the star's history of bombastic public behavior, she may be greeted with skepticism about her intent.
- The exchanges themselves are unsubtle and bombastic.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Predictably, he bombastically announced yesterday: ‘We have nothing to hide.’
- People used to laugh when the Chancellor bombastically promised to end boom and bust: it was once the natural British economic weather.
- William often bombastically claimed to be the man who took the decisions.