High-sounding but with little meaning; inflated: bombastic rhetoric bombastic music that drowned out what anyone was saying
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Johnson's expression is manly, vigorous, grandiloquent and bombastic.
- Given the star's history of bombastic public behavior, she may be greeted with skepticism about her intent.
- The exchanges themselves are unsubtle and bombastic.
pompous, blustering, ranting, blathering;
verbose, wordy, turgid, periphrastic, euphuistic, orotund, pleonastic, high-flown, high-sounding, highfalutin, lofty, overwrought, convoluted;
pretentious, affected, ostentatious, grandiloquent, magniloquent, fustian
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Predictably, he bombastically announced yesterday: ‘We have nothing to hide.’
- People used to laugh when the Chancellor bombastically promised to end boom and bust: it was once the natural British economic weather.
- William often bombastically claimed to be the man who took the decisions.
Palabras que riman con bombasticdrastic, dynastic, ecclesiastic, elastic, encomiastic, enthusiastic, fantastic, gymnastic, iconoclastic, mastic, monastic, neoplastic, orgastic, orgiastic, periphrastic, plastic, pleonastic, sarcastic, scholastic, scholiastic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bom|bas¦tic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda