Definición de bombora en inglés:
1A wave which forms over a submerged offshore reef or rock, sometimes breaking heavily and producing a dangerous stretch of broken water.
- There we met up with a Naval boat which led us out through the huge swell generated by a bombora.
- Just a few metres off the point there is a bombora that comes up from more than 20 metres to less than 4 metres.
- There was a huge bombora breaking to our left, and huge seas crashing on the rocks around the cliffs to our right.
1.1A submerged offshore reef or rock.
- The Southbound Voyage (3 nights) has an accent on the fascinating flora and fauna of the tropical rainforest islands and the outer ‘bombora’ reefs.
- Navigational hazards within Sydney Harbour include the Sow and Pigs reef (just inside the entrance and well-lit) and the Gowlland Bombora.
- With the sounder on and eyes focused on the screen, I slowly motored the boat up and over the submerged bombora.
Definición de bombora en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary