Definición de bombora en inglés:
1A wave which forms over a submerged offshore reef or rock, sometimes breaking heavily and producing a dangerous stretch of broken water.
- There we met up with a Naval boat which led us out through the huge swell generated by a bombora.
- Just a few metres off the point there is a bombora that comes up from more than 20 metres to less than 4 metres.
- There was a huge bombora breaking to our left, and huge seas crashing on the rocks around the cliffs to our right.
1.1A submerged offshore reef or rock.
- The Southbound Voyage (3 nights) has an accent on the fascinating flora and fauna of the tropical rainforest islands and the outer ‘bombora’ reefs.
- Navigational hazards within Sydney Harbour include the Sow and Pigs reef (just inside the entrance and well-lit) and the Gowlland Bombora.
- With the sounder on and eyes focused on the screen, I slowly motored the boat up and over the submerged bombora.
Definición de bombora en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India