- A curved flat piece of wood that can be thrown so that it will return to the thrower, traditionally used by Australian Aborigines as a hunting weapon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, although we associate the boomerang with Australian Aborigines, many cultures used boomerang-like equipment in prehistoric times.
- He says he found an ancient carving of a ‘quadrang’ style boomerang etched into a rock in Ilkley Moor depicting a boomerang as a weapon.
- He favours an Aboriginal ceremony, with a flaming boomerang curving majestically into the waiting cauldron as the highlight.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- (Of a plan or action) recoil on the originator: misleading consumers about quality will eventually boomerang on a car-makerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Through this book, I have tried to say that American policies have boomeranged everywhere.
- Development here has often been based on strategies that have boomeranged.
- A veil should be drawn over his attempted clearance that boomeranged for a Rangers corner.
early 19th century: from Dharuk.