Definición de boomerang en inglés:
A curved flat piece of wood that can be thrown so that it will return to the thrower, traditionally used by Australian Aborigines as a hunting weapon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well, although we associate the boomerang with Australian Aborigines, many cultures used boomerang-like equipment in prehistoric times.
- He says he found an ancient carving of a ‘quadrang’ style boomerang etched into a rock in Ilkley Moor depicting a boomerang as a weapon.
- He favours an Aboriginal ceremony, with a flaming boomerang curving majestically into the waiting cauldron as the highlight.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
(Of a plan or action) recoil on the originator: misleading consumers about quality will eventually boomerang on a car-maker
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Through this book, I have tried to say that American policies have boomeranged everywhere.
- Development here has often been based on strategies that have boomeranged.
- A veil should be drawn over his attempted clearance that boomeranged for a Rangers corner.
Early 19th century: from Dharuk.
Palabras que riman con boomerangSemarang • linsang
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda