Definición de booster en inglés:
1A device for increasing electrical voltage or signal strength.
- Antenna boosters help to strengthen the signal between a cell tower and your phone.
- A booster circuit uses a source voltage to generate a boosted voltage that is higher than the source voltage.
- Antenna booster for areas with weak signals are another good choice.
2The first stage of a rocket or spacecraft, used to give initial acceleration and then jettisoned.
- The camera will be turned on fifteen minutes prior to launch and will show the orbiter and solid rocket boosters on the launch pad.
- The ground crews will also be monitoring the performance of the orbiter, solid rocket boosters and ground system while the tank is filled with the ultra-cold liquids.
- In the first scenario, personal spaceflight will use lower-cost versions of classic boosters and spacecraft.
3 Medicine A dose of a vaccine that increases or renews the effect of an earlier one: boosters at five-year intervals are recommended [as modifier]: a booster injection
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dr. Robbins said that efforts to increase the efficacy of the vaccines will include studies on the effectiveness of a booster dose of the vaccine given one year later.
- Young children who have not received all five doses of the vaccine may require a booster dose if exposed to an infected family member.
- I had a booster vaccination last year, needed every ten years.
4.1North American A keen promoter of a person, organization, or cause.
- In a country where it is illegal to organize many types of public meetings, fans formed booster clubs and canvassed malls to court prospective voters.
- In fact, if it weren't for parental involvement as sponsors, coaches, booster club participants, etc. most programs would not even survive.
- In the early twentieth century, booster organizations that favored particular water projects proliferated.
Definición de booster en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary