Definición de booster en inglés:
1A device for increasing electrical voltage or signal strength.
- Antenna boosters help to strengthen the signal between a cell tower and your phone.
- A booster circuit uses a source voltage to generate a boosted voltage that is higher than the source voltage.
- Antenna booster for areas with weak signals are another good choice.
2The first stage of a rocket or spacecraft, used to give initial acceleration and then jettisoned.
- The camera will be turned on fifteen minutes prior to launch and will show the orbiter and solid rocket boosters on the launch pad.
- The ground crews will also be monitoring the performance of the orbiter, solid rocket boosters and ground system while the tank is filled with the ultra-cold liquids.
- In the first scenario, personal spaceflight will use lower-cost versions of classic boosters and spacecraft.
3 Medicine A dose of a vaccine that increases or renews the effect of an earlier one: boosters at five-year intervals are recommended [as modifier]: a booster injection
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dr. Robbins said that efforts to increase the efficacy of the vaccines will include studies on the effectiveness of a booster dose of the vaccine given one year later.
- Young children who have not received all five doses of the vaccine may require a booster dose if exposed to an infected family member.
- I had a booster vaccination last year, needed every ten years.
4.1North American A keen promoter of a person, organization, or cause.
- In a country where it is illegal to organize many types of public meetings, fans formed booster clubs and canvassed malls to court prospective voters.
- In fact, if it weren't for parental involvement as sponsors, coaches, booster club participants, etc. most programs would not even survive.
- In the early twentieth century, booster organizations that favored particular water projects proliferated.
Words that rhyme with boosterrooster
Definición de booster en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan