- At least the club is starting at the right point—by focussing on the booze drinking issue.
- There were dozens of empty booze bottles and beer cans lying around on the beach and on the walkway.
- They do have lager there—there's a big bottled beer stall of foreign booze.
- They must have been boozing; it's an absolute disgrace.
- Bath Street is turning out to be Glasgow's premier thoroughfare for boozing, schmoozing and general tomfoolery.
- He was perfect company and we had a great time schmoozing and boozing.
Middle English bouse, from Middle Dutch būsen 'drink to excess'. The spelling booze dates from the 18th century.
People have been boozing for a long time. The spelling booze dates from the 18th century, but as bouse the word entered English in the 13th century, probably from Dutch. We have been going to the boozer, or pub, since the 1890s.
Palabras que riman con boozeabuse, accuse, adieux, amuse, bemuse, billets-doux, blues, bruise, choose, Clews, confuse, contuse, cruise, cruse, Cruz, diffuse, do's, Druze, effuse, enthuse, excuse, fuse (US fuze), Hughes, incuse, interfuse, lose, Mahfouz, mews, misuse, muse, news, ooze, Ouse, perfuse, peruse, rhythm-and-blues, ruse, schmooze, snooze, suffuse, Toulouse, transfuse, trews, use, Vaduz, Veracruz, who's, whose, youse
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: booze
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.