A white compound which occurs as a mineral in some alkaline salt deposits and is used in making glass and ceramics, as a metallurgical flux, and as an antiseptic.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The flux also might contain silica, borax, soda ash, potassium nitrate and household flour.
- Fluxes of this type are usually based on borax, boric acid, or glass, which melts at copper alloy melting temperatures to provide a fluid slag cover.
- Potassium salts, such as sylvite (potassium chloride), are used to produce fertilizers for the agricultural industry, while boron salts, especially borax, are a basic resource for the glass industry.
Palabras que riman con boraxstorax, thorax
sustantivo[mass noun] Australian /NZ informal, dated
- poke borax at Australian /NZ informal
- Deride or make fun of: a feature that poked borax at the sillier side of the NetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I don't think it's fair for you always to poke borax at me.
- Some of the rude little boys used to poke borax at him.
- Members opposite want to poke borax at people who dare to have a different view.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda