- The disc jockey himself looked bored stiff and completely disgusted by the music blasting from the two speakers beside his table.
- But if you're bored stiff with your job and you feel you're just drifting along because it's easier that way, then think again.
- Finally she gave up trying to read and sat at the table bored stiff, the book swinging idly in her fingers.
The traditional constructions for bored are bored by or bored with. The construction bored of emerged more recently, and is extremely common, especially in informal language. Although it is perfectly logical by analogy with constructions such as tired of, it is not fully accepted in standard English.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His left eye was a deep blue orb, looking boredly over mirrored sunglasses.
- The remaining twelve members stood boredly around in a semi-circle.
- Yesterday afternoon, boredly pottering around the house, I decided to take some initiative.