- The chemical element of atomic number 5, a non-metallic solid. (Symbol: B)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mineral elements most likely to be deficient in vineyards are nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, boron, iron, manganese, and magnesium.
- The smaller element may be a nonmetallic element, such as boron, carbon, nitrogen, or silicon.
- Zinc is in solid solution; boron, titanium and zirconium are seldom added in amounts sufficient to produce visible compounds.
Boron is usually prepared as an amorphous brown powder, but when very pure it forms hard, shiny, black crystals with semiconducting properties. The element has some specialized uses, such as in alloy steels and in nuclear control rods
early 19th century: from borax, on the pattern of carbon (which it resembles in some respects).
Más definiciones de boronDefinición de boron en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.